Episode #3, released on June 8, 2016 and recorded in Spring 2016.
Today’s topic is the mental status exam, and I will be interviewing Dr. Michael Casher, one of the attending psychiatrists at the University of Michigan.
We will cover:
- What is the mental status exam?
- Why do we have the mental status exam in psychiatry?
- We will play a sketch from a TV show and we will have Dr. Casher break it down with a mental status exam.
- Various areas of the mental status exam:
- Behavior/psychomotor activity
- Thought process
This particular episode is going to be appropriate for pre-clinical and clinical students. Residents early in their training may also find it useful. Other providers who are interested in better understanding the mental status exam may also find it interesting.
Note: due to website problems at time of launch, post has been backdated to reflect date that episode went live.